New X-Rite ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro
by Brenda K. Hipsher – August 8th, 2011
It’s time to stop guessing and start knowing that the color on your monitor or projector is accurate. Check out the two new solutions announced today from X-Rite Pantone for display calibration and profiling. Each solution comes complete with the most technologically advanced colorimeter bundled with new display and projector profiling software to ensure unrivaled color accuracy and consistency now and in the future.
Meet the Two New Amazing Display and Projector Calibration Solutions from X-Rite!
Advanced Display Calibration Made Easy for Color Perfectionists
Our fast and intuitive wizard driven interface makes it easy for Color Perfectionists to get amazing colorat the speed of life.
Professional Display Calibration for the Most Demanding Color Perfectionists
Perfect color, faster, with more control and options to satisfy the most demanding Color Perfectionists.
No guesswork. No stress. No frustration. No wasted time or lost billable hours. Just an amazingly calibrated display or projector that accurately displays the color in your original picture or digital file. How’s that for perfect?
A quick look into the new technology:
TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED HARDWARE
Both ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro devices feature an advanced, high-end, optical system with custom-designed filters that provide a near perfect match to the color perception of the human visual system, delivering superior color measurement results. Both devices fully support all modern display technologies, including LED backlight and wide gamut displays. Both devices are spectrally calibrated, making them fully field upgradeable to support future display technologies.
The ergonomic all-in-one design combines three important functions:
Ambient Light Measurement – an integrated ambient measurement diffuser allows you to to take ambient light measurements of your work environment.
Display Profiling – rotate the ambient diffuser arm and adjust integrated counterweight, with push button action, along the USB cord for display profiling ease.
Projector Profiling – rotate the ambient diffuser arm to use as a tabletop stand for device positioning, or use the built-in threaded tripod mount for larger venues.
NEXT GENERATION PROFILING SOFTWARE
i1Display Pro and ColorMunki Display each incorporate next generation display and projector profiling software technologies to make the match between your display and printer more perfect. Once you take the guesswork and frustration out of making sure the color you see on your monitor or projector is the color you expect from your printer, you’ll save time and money and gain full creative control over your images. These new solutions include:
- Ambient Light Measurement – automatically determine the optimum display luminance for comparing prints to your display, based on a measurement of the lighting conditions where prints will be viewed.
- Ambient Light Smart Control – the intensity or amount of ambient light surrounding your workspace affects the way you perceive colors on your display. These solutions can compensate for this effect and provide the option to automatically adjust your profile or simply notify you as ambient light conditions change.
- Flare Correct™ measures and adjusts your display profile for reduced contrast ratios caused by flare light (or glare) falling on surface of display. By accurately measuring your effective display contrast ratio, you’ll have an even more accurate display profile.
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling, an adaptive technology that produces optimized results for maximum color accuracy on each unique display every time you profile.
- Automatic Display Control (ADC) technology automates the adjustment of your display’s hardware (brightness/backlight, contrast, and color temperature) to speed up the profiling process and eliminate manual adjustments to ensure highest quality results.
Remember the Trade in – Trade up! program is still in effect. Get 25.00 back on Colormunki Display and 40.00 back on i1Display Pro when you purchase the new products and send in any old colorimeter! Click HERE or on the banner for more details.
In the coming days we’ll look as the specifics of each new solution and delve more deeply into some of the new features so you can see for yourself the innovation that is built into Colormunki Display and i1Display Pro. You’re sure to be amazed and delighted.