X-Rite i1Profiler D2LionEdition Public Beta Now Available

by Brenda K. Hipsher – October 5th, 2011

X-Rite extends a sincere thank you for your continued patience as we prepare to deliver our Apple OS X Lion compatible i1Profiler D2LionEdition software for your use with either an i1Display LT or i1Display 2 device.

PUBLIC BETA NOW AVAILABLE

We have been engaged in beta testing over the last several weeks and are confident we are well on our way to delivering a high quality software solution. During the beta test, however, our engineers uncovered some unforeseen issues that are affecting a very small population of our testers. We would like to take some additional time to fix these so we can deliver the professional solution you expect from X-Rite. But, we also understand that you are anxious to use your i1Display device with Lion. Therefore, we are providing a public beta version that you can download and immediately begin using with your i1Display LT or i1Display 2 device.

HOW TO GET BETA SOFTWARE

All i1Display 2 or i1Display LT owners that have registered will automatically receive an email with a link to the software, along with “Known Issues and Workarounds” information.  If you have not registered your device, you can still register at www.xrite.com/registration.

Registration confirmation email will contain the download link.

FREE UPDATE

This software will now be available FREE of charge to ALL registered owners, not just to those that purchased in 2011. Please note that i1Profiler D2LionEdition is only compatible with Apple OSX 10.7. If you have not upgraded to Lion, continue using i1Match with your i1Display 2 or LT solution.

color management, color profile, calibration, ICC, x-rite, xrite

We thank you for your continued support of X-Rite solutions.

Don’t forget to check out newest Display Solutions – ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro – both offering the latest in display calibration and profiling technology!!

Stop Guessing. Start Knowing. Get your color management workflow under control with color management solutions from X-Rite!

There’s a LOT more for you to enjoy and learn at www.xritephoto.com.  Be sure have a look at the Webinar Archive.Remember to follow X-Rite Photo on Facebook and @xritephoto on Twitter.  Find out more about Color Perfectionists Unite! Photo Contest.

Categories: i1Profiler, New Products, News, Software Update | Tags: , , , ,

31 responses to “X-Rite i1Profiler D2LionEdition Public Beta Now Available”

1. In need of software to use display 2 on Mac Lion

2. Dexter Arver says:

Hey guys,

I just bought a i1 Display 2 and when I try to install the beta software, it errors out and just says “The installation failed.” It follows that up by stating this: “The installer can’t locate the data it needs to install the software. Check your install media or internet connection and try again, or contact the software manufacturer for assistance”. Help!

3. Adam Fields says:

This completely failed to work for me. It installed fine, but then crashed during the measurement step and would not make a profile. It also seems impossible to determine how to profile multiple monitors – no matter where I put the application window, it would snap back to monitor 1 when doing measurements. Hopefully there’s a way to adjust that that’s not obvious.

4. No, thank you X-rite! I cannot seem to find where this app is saving *icc profiles. Does anyone know where they are?

• Brenda K. Hipsher says:

Ryan,
      On a Mac they automatically save to User -> Library -> ColorSync -> Profiles
      BKH

• Brenda,

When you say “On a Mac they automatically save to User -> Library -> ColorSync -> Profiles”, is there not an option to save for all users? This is on a Lion computer.

One of our editors says he sees that option but it is greyed out.

Scott

• Brenda K. Hipsher says:

Scott,
          If the option is greyed out on this version of software the “fix” is very simple. Just copy the profile to the same folder in the system directory and it will appear to all users.
          Thanks for your comment.
          Brenda K. Hipsher

5. Revision:

D2LionEdition does hang when entering brightness calibration. Entering mission control and moving around some windows in front of my puck causes D2Lion to get into brightness calibration mode. Then I am able to continue with calibration all the way through to saving.

My issue is known in D2Lion’s release notes, but my workaround was just pure luck. I tried using your remedy for my problem (in release notes) but it did not seem to work. My workaround is a bit shaky, as I do not fully understand why it hangs or decides to continue working.

I hope this makes my issue clearer. This is a beta software. I wish there a forum or some way of collaborating with other users.

6. Randolph says:

Folks, I can’t register–your web site keeps saying there’s some sort of problem.

7. Lee says:

Has anyone got this update to work on Mountain Lion? I just purchased a new mac and unfortunately have hit a wall trying to calibrate the monitor. I installed the xrite software update but it does not seem to find the i1Display2 device plugged in to the MacBook Pro.

Has anyone had this issue or can they help?

• Brenda K. Hipsher says:

Hi Lee,
      Here is our official statement on i1Profilere D2 Lion Edition and Mountain Lion.

“Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Support For i1Profiler D2LionEdition

Please note that while we do not anticipate any problems, i1ProfilerD2LionEdition software used with either the i1DisplayLT or the i1Display2 has NOT been fully tested on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). X-Rite DOES NOT provide support for i1Profiler D2LionEdition on Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) but will continue to support this product on OSX 10.7 (Lion).”

Be certain that you are using the latest version of the i1ProfilerD2LionEdition. If you registered your device and received a download link for the software that will be the latest version of the software.

There are many additional features available in the current display solutions from X-Rite, ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro. Technology continues to move forward and compatibility with new monitor technologies is built into these new solutions. There are other new features like Ambient Light Monitoring and Flare Correct that help with less than ideal viewing conditions and glossy screens on some of the new computers.

We’re sorry that you’re having difficulty with you older device and the latest version of the software that was developed for Lion. But if you need to move into one of the new devices you will enjoy all the upgrades and technological advances that are build into these redesigned colorimeters giving you the very latest and greatest in color management for your computer monitors.

Thanks so much for the question,
      Brenda K. Hipsher

• K M Zeise says:

I suspect the problem has to do with the introduction of USB 3 with the newest MacBooks, as I encounter the same problem, and I would not be surprised if the problem would also show up already under Lion, but there were not that many units shipped before Mountain Lion came out.
        The device shows up properly in the system summary, but it is now visible below an USB3 branch.

I can understand that you want to cut off the support after a while, but I am disappointed that this is already happening less than 3 years after purchase. Will I be cut off so soon again when I would buy new measurement hardware?

• Brenda K. Hipsher says:

KM,
          There are multiple challenges with older devices and the various issues that can occur with USB power outputs on computers. Many of these devices have been in service for 3-10 years. Be sure to update our operating system for the very latest power management updates.
          We expect the new devices introduced last year to enjoy a long life in the marketplace.
          Thank you for using X-Rite color management solutions.
          B.

• Chris says:

I have exactly the same problem, i,e. downloaded the latest lion version but the software doesn’t see the device (although the Apple System Information utility lists an Eye-One as being connected.

I have mountain Lion 10.8.1 on a Retina Macbook Pro

• Christian says:

I was able to get my i1Display2 working on Mountain Lion. D2LionEdition wouldn’t recognize the device on version 10.8, but it did recognize it after I updated to 10.8.2. That was a nice surprise since I was expecting it not to work. Good luck.

8. Dave says:

I’ve used i1ProfilerD2LionEdition without a problem, except this time, when I try to create a new profile, the “Create and save profile” button is greyed out. I’m running 10.7.4 on an iMac. I’m going to update to 10.7.5 and see if that helps. I tried reinstalling the app, but still greyed out. :(

9. Dave says:

Update: Just updated from 10.7.4 —> 10.7.5 and it FIXED the issue! Yipee!

10. Shane says:

D2LionEdition installed fine on my new 13″ MacBook Pro and recognized the device with no problems. It profiled the display with no problems. But upon saving the profile, the monitor shifted colors, making everything really “cool” (bluish). I used D2LionEdition on a previous generation 13″ MacBook Pro and it never did this. Profiling the display is pointless if I can’t save the profile. Any ideas?

• Brenda K. Hipsher says:

Please contact our customer success folks to see if they have information on what might be causing this situation. Email them at cmsupport@xrite.com. And please let us know how this turns out. We would like to know!
      Brenda K. Hipsher

11. Norm Hanami says:

I am planning on installing the i1Display 2 on an iMac with Lion. I have downloaded the D2LionEdition. Is it a complete package or does it require some prerequisite software (i1Match 3.6.3)? The i1Display 2 has never been installed on the iMac.

• Brenda K. Hipsher says:

No per-requisite software needed. Just install and use.
      Thanks for your comment!
      Brenda K. Hipsher

12. Jordan King says:

How do I use it? I have managed to colabirate monitor once (I Think ) but now it won’t let me do it again? is there any video tutorials that show how to exactly use this software? as all the tuts out there don’t look the same as the Lion version.

Thanks

Jordan

• Brenda K. Hipsher says:

There should be no restriction on calibrating and profiling your monitor again once it has been done initially. The software is very straight forward and easy to use. Is it possible that you have upgraded to an operating system that is not supported by this software?
      Please let us know what operating system you are using.
      Brenda K. Hipsher