X-Rite i1Profiler v1.5 Released
by Brenda K. Hipsher – July 11th, 2013
• Improved i1Display Pro support for all modern display technologies, such as LED, Plasma, RG Phosphor, OLED and Wide Gamut
• Added support for the HutchColor (HCT) targets
• Improved projector position detection
• Device Link profiles for accurate color source to destination CMYK conversions (included in i1Publish packages)
• M1 support for i1iO (in spot mode)
• Support for the Ugra/Fogra Media Wedge CMYK v3 LFP for large format printing
Device Link is particularly useful to stabilize the printing process and/or save ink in CMYK conversions. These profiles complement the use of ‘normal’ ICC profiles. They convert color directly from one color space to another, without the use of an independent profile connection space. They are also used to limit the total amount of color and use more black in order to stabilize the printing process and/or save ink. This is the primary value of this technology in offset printing.
Device Link profiling can also enable increases in quality, especially for RGB-to-RGB or RGB-to-CMYK. These result in pure, highly saturated colors and the same color appearance as original RGB data.
Device Link Eligibility & Licensing: Device Link Profiling is now included all i1Publish offerings. Users must have an i1Pro 2 device with an i1Profiler Publish license OR a dongle with an i1Profiler Publish license to unlock this new feature. Free update to all current owners with these qualifications.
Your i1Profiler software will let you know there is an update available when next launched or download the software from www.xritephoto.com.