We Reveal The New PANTONE® Color for September’s ‘Capture The Color’ Contest!
by Dave Mobbs – September 1st, 2015
We want to see your photographs from around the world that best represent the featured monthly PANTONE® Color. Prizes awarded every month to the top five images, as well as a GRAND PRIZE WINNER at the end of the year!
The color for September is PANTONE® 19-1557 Chili Pepper which was the 2007 Color of the Year. “Whether expressing danger, celebration, love or passion, red will not be ignored,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “In 2007, there is an awareness of the melding of diverse cultural influences, and Chili Pepper is a reflection of exotic tastes both on the tongue and to the eye. Nothing reflects the spirit of adventure more than the color red. At the same time, Chili Pepper speaks to a certain level of confidence and taste. Incorporating this color into your wardrobe and living space adds drama and excitement, as it stimulates the senses.”
How to enter:
- Each month simply enter your details and upload your original photographs to Facebook.
- Voting is open to the public so invite your fans, friends + family to vote each day.
- The top 5 winners each month, determined by popular vote, will have their choice of an i1Display Pro, ColorChecker Passport or ColorMunki Display!
- At the end of the year, all monthly winning images will be judged by members of the X-Rite Coloratti to select an overall Grand Prize Winner who will receive a Wacom Cintiq ® 27QHD Touch.
- Photograph submission and voting closes on the last day of each month and winners will be notified within 3 days of closure.
The competition is free to enter and vote on our following Facebook sites –
X-Rite Photo (global)
We have also decided to award another prize each month to an entrant chosen by our X-Rite Team for recognition of great photography. This winner will be entitled to the same choice of prizes and entry into our Grand Prize to win a Wacom Cintiq Touch in line with our other monthly winners.
Here’s a great example from Coloratti Neil Snape depicting this fantastic color within his work.
This is a great opportunity for you to showcase your work to a global audience and win some fantastic prizes. Entrants and viewers can vote once per day. So invite all your friends, family and colleagues to vote for yours! Good luck!