X-Rite Announces New i1Display Calibration Solutions
by Brenda K. Hipsher – September 23rd, 2019
This week X-Rite announced new i1Display calibration solutions. X-Rite i1Display Studio replaces the popular ColorMunki Display using a new version of i1Studio software. X-Rite i1Display Pro Plus is designed with filmmakers and video editors and colorists in mind with 2000 nit luminance measurement capability and BT.1886 tone response curve for better blacks and shadow color on HD and HDR displays.
The trusted i1Display Pro has been the professional choice for high-level, on-screen color accuracy for discerning photographers, imaging professionals, and display manufacturers for more than 8 years. X-Rite extends this legacy for photographers and filmmakers alike with the i1Display Studio and the i1Display Pro Plus. The i1Display Pro will remain in the line.
i1Display Studio is the ideal solution for both passionate and professional photographers looking for professional color results in an easy-to-use format that doesn’t require in-depth knowledge of color science. It features both one-click presets as well as advanced easy-to-navigate wizard-driven options for more control. The i1Display Studio provides users everything they need in an easy-to-use solution that delivers high quality calibration and profile results in no time.
Key features include:
- Technologically advanced i1Display Studio instrument: an ergonomically designed colorimeter with advanced optical technology and filter set
- 3-in-1 functionality – designed to easily switch between display or projector profiling and ambient light capture
- i1Studio software for display and projector profiling
- Mobile Device Calibration with free ColorTRUE mobile app
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling to accurately measure the color capabilities of a display
- Custom control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio and gamma
- Color match up to four separate displays for color accuracy
- Measurement and compensation of ambient lighting conditions
- FlareCorrect™ for display surface flare measurement and compensation
- Video Standards Support: NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709, Rec. 2020 and DCI-P3.
- Profile validation and reminder to view before and after results with included images or load your own
i1Display Pro Plus
- Accurately measure luminance/brightness levels up to 2000 nits.
- Obtain correct neutral detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colors with new black current subtraction technology, especially beneficial on OLED displays or any display that can achieve close to zero black point.
- BT.1886 default gamma curve – the standard for HDTV – is especially beneficial for 3D LUT workflows and HDR supported displays to minimize clipping in dark area as well as achieve better behavior in blacks and smooth to ideal detail levels.
- USB-C compatible with included USB-C to USB-A adapter
The two new i1Display solutions feature the industry’s most advanced colorimeter bundled with the latest display and projector profiling software to ensure unrivaled color accuracy and consistency now and in the future.
New Photographer and Filmmaker Kits
X-Rite also introduces three new kits to complement a photographer’s and/or filmmaker’s workflow from capture to edit. Each kit includes an i1Display monitor calibration solution, a ColorChecker Passport for use at capture and a handy lanyard. Each kit is offered at a reduced price compared to purchasing separately.
The new kits include:
- i1 ColorChecker Photo Kit – includes i1Display Studio and ColorChecker Passport Photo 2
- i1 ColorChecker Pro Photo Kit – includes i1Display Pro and ColorChecker Passport Photo 2
- i1 ColorChecker Filmmaker Kit – includes i1Display Pro Plus and ColorChecker Video
“Professional and passionate photographers and filmmakers who are concerned about color perfection know that having properly calibrated and profiled displays is an essential and critical component for a successful and efficient creative workflow,” said Liz Quinlisk, X-Rite’s Global Business Unit Manager, Photo and Video. “The new i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, coupled with our current number one seller, the i1Display Pro, provides every level of users with optimally calibrated displays, projectors and mobile devices, consistently and easily. This ensures a user’s digital files will be viewed and shared accurately to enable faithful reproduction every time.”
The new i1Display Studio, i1Display Pro Plus and the new i1 Kits are now available from X-Rite (North America and Europe) online stores as well as from the company’s worldwide network of resellers.
Now there’s an i1 for everyone! Get yours today.